Saturday, July 23, 2005

Forgotten Feelings

I was alone in my room doing some work on the computer with MediaPlayer on Auto-Playlist. During some moment of deep thought, the orchestral theme of that film started playing. And then the memory of days long past get replayed in a grainy, sepia-tinted mental filmstrip. Again.

Do any of you remember watching the animated film "The Land Before Time" ?
I loved that so much, my Mom/Aunts probably rented the video for me; to watch it over, more than a few times~

The main "crisis" of that film was about how pre-historic Earth's geography suddenly changed; seperating land masses and breaking apart "species" of dinosaurs (& their "families"). I can only remember the name of the main character, the little brontosaurus "Littlefoot", out of the rest of his migratory-mates. And so, the storyline centred around Littlefoot & gang as they made their way through many challenges; to finally rejoin their flock where greener pastures lay.
Littlefoot had several moments of doubt when encountering difficulties in his journey, but he felt better once he thought of his mother & how he longed to be with her again. However (of I didn't remember wrongly), he lost his Mom when she fell into a ravine during some violent, episodic tectonic-activity. I felt really sad for him~! And when the film showed him revisiting fonder memories of his Mom, my little heart was touched as well.. I think that film left a profoundly nostalgic impact on me; making me fear for the worst should my parents be gone suddenly...

******
*gulp* *a tinge of guilt surfaces in own conscience*
where did those feelings of cherishing parental-love go to, over the years?
actually, they're still very much within me; just that they've become somewhat like a buried treasure-chest over the years... one that I've hidden away for too long & not know where to find it again...
I think the problem also lies with not knowing how to express it in words... I find it easier to just help out with the laundry or dishwashing; but I know that to really feel that kind of family-love lies in establishing the elusive connection with spoken words of love and gratitude.
Hope to do that... before it's too late!


*sniff* (-.-)
******
If we Hold On Together - Diana Ross

Don't lose your way
With each passing day
You've come so far
Don't throw it away
Live believing
Dreams are for weaving
Wonders are waiting to start
Live your story
Faith hope and glory
Hold to the truth
In your heart

If we hold on together
I know our dreams Will never die
Dreams see us through To forever
Where clouds roll by
For you and I

Souls in the winds
must learn how to mend
Seek out a star
Hold on to the end
Valley, mountain
There is a fountain
Washes our tears All away
Words are swaying
Someone is praying
Please let us come
Home to stay

If we hold on together
I know our dreamsWill never die
Dreams see us throughTo forever
Where clouds roll by
For you and I

When we are out there
In the dark
We'll dream about the sun
In the dark
We'll feel the light
Warm our hearts
Everyone

If we hold on together
I know our dreamsWill never die
Dreams see us throughTo forever
As highAs souls can fly
The clouds roll by
For you and I

2 comments:

Wandering Froggie said...

Bro, that was one of my favourites too, in fact, i still have the tape if i'm not wrong. I even watched it last year i think. It's a classic.

Yeah, the part where Littlefoot lost his mum. ESPECIALLY the part he was talking to his own shadow, imagining it to be his mum. I'm sure it brought a tear to my eye. Must've been so painful.. Come to think of it, he didn't have a dad, save for a set of loving grandparents. Which probably made it twice as painful. We really should cherish our daddies and mummies.
Yup..

Wandering Froggie said...

And oh yeah, i think i go further then you in some way, i actually watched it so many time that i remembered the whole cast!

Littlefoot the diplodocus/apatosaurus/brontosaurus/brachiosaurus/LONGNECK lah
Sarah the triceratops
Petrie(?) the pterodactyl
Spike the dunnowhat
Ducky the bigmouth

Tada!!!!!!!